Avril Lavigne's Chad Kroeger-Assisted Album Coming Late 2012-Early 2013
In Billboard’s latest cover story, featuring “The X Factor’s” Simon Cowell and LA Reid, the Epic Records chairman reveals that the punk rocker “just completed” her latest studio effort.
Avril Lavigne's forthcoming fifth album, which helped bring together the singer and her new fiancee, Nickelback's Chad Kroeger, will be hitting stores at the end of this year or in early 2013.
In Billboard's latest cover story, X Factor judge and Epic Records chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid revealed that the 27-year-old Lavigne "just completed" the follow-up to 2011's Goodbye Lullaby, and as expected, that she enlisted her 37-year-old soon-to-be husband for a song. "She worked with Chad Kroeger, who is now her fiance, and they did a really good record," says Reid.
Lavigne is no stranger to hitting the recording studio with romantic partners -- the pop singer enlisted ex-husband and Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley to produce six songs on Goodbye Lullaby. Lavigne and Kroeger, who met earlier this year, quickly became a serious item before announcing their engagement last month, uniting a pair of Canadian artists who have sold a combined 34.3 million albums in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Nearly as rapid will be the release of Lavigne's next album after Goodbye Lullaby, which was issued in March 2011. "We're in the mixing process now and I expect to release it very soon," says Reid, who took the reins of Epic Records four months after the release of Goodbye Lullaby. "I'd like to get it out this year, but time seems to be flying. If we don't, it will be top of the new year."
Kroeger, whose band released its seventh album Here and Now last November, also told People that he hopes to snag some Avril time when Nickelback continues its tour of Europe this month. "She'll come over and spend some time [with me] when she's got time," says the veteran rock frontman. "They're going to throw a lot of stuff on her plate with the new record."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed