Avril Lavigne Engaged to Nickelback's Chad Kroeger
After reportedly dating for six months, the Canadian duo has decided to walk down the aisle.
Avril Lavigne shocked fans on Tuesday by announcing a surprise engagement to Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
A rep for the punk-rocker confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Lavigne has accepted Kroeger’s proposal after a quiet six-month courtship. Kroeger reportedly presented Lavigne with a 14-carat diamond ring Aug. 8.
The news was unexpected to many, as Lavigne had been dating Brody Jenner since mid-2010 before reportedly splitting in January of this year. Prior to that, Lavigne was married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley for three years. Their union fizzled in 2009.
According to People, which first reported the news, Lavigne and Kroeger’s romance blossomed in February when the Nickelback singer was recruited to co-write a song for Lavigne’s forthcoming fifth studio album.
Though a date has not been made public, the Canadian rockers’ nuptials will mark the first marriage for Kroeger, 37, and the second for Lavigne, 27.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR