Avril Lavigne files for divorce
Asking to block husband from receiving spousal support
Court records show Avril Lavigne has filed for divorce from her musician husband after three years of marriage.
Lavigne filed for divorce from Sum 41 singer Deryck Jason Whibley on Friday in Los Angeles.
The couple were married in July 2006 and have no children together. Lavigne cited "irreconcilable differences."
The 25-year-old punk-pop singer burst to fame with her 2002 debut album "Let's Go."
Lavigne is asking a ruling to block Whibley from receiving spousal support.
Court records show Whibley was granted a request to add Lavigne's last name to his name in December 2007.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack