Avril Lavigne Marries Nickelback's Chad Kroeger in France
The Canadian musicians tie the knot after a whirlwind courtship.
Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne are officially husband and wife.
The two Canadian singers tied the knot Monday -- on Canada Day -- in the South of France, where they held a "wedding weekend" to celebrate their nuptials.
It is the first marriage for Kroeger, 38, and the second for Lavigne, 28, who was married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley from 2006 to 2010.
Kroeger proposed to Lavigne with a 14-carat diamond ring last August after a six-month courtship. The couple became close while working together on her upcoming fifth studio album.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR