Avril Lavigne Marries Nickelback's Chad Kroeger in France
The Canadian musicians tie the knot after a whirlwind courtship.
Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne are officially husband and wife.
The two Canadian singers tied the knot Monday -- on Canada Day -- in the South of France, where they held a "wedding weekend" to celebrate their nuptials.
It is the first marriage for Kroeger, 38, and the second for Lavigne, 28, who was married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley from 2006 to 2010.
Kroeger proposed to Lavigne with a 14-carat diamond ring last August after a six-month courtship. The couple became close while working together on her upcoming fifth studio album.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Julie Delpy Slams The Academy As 'White Men Over 70 Who Need Money'
- Jamie Dornan Learned How To Walk On The 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Set ... No, Really
- John C. Reilly Hosts Ceremony Honoring The Best Animated Feature Oscar Nominees
- 'The Lego Movie' Takes A Dive At The Box Office Thanks To Liam Neeson And Jesus Christ