Awkward J Mascis Interview Explained (Video)
Who's the mom-like figure interviewing one of indie rock's guitar greats? An old family friend with deep industry connections.
A video clip of J Mascis is making the rounds in which the Dinosaur Jr. frontman is interviewed by a woman identified only as Maureen whose homely vibe treads closer to homemaker than rock journalist. To wit: when Maureen, in her mom jeans and best Massachusetts drawl, inquires as to why there’s no period following Mascis’ first initial ("How can anyone have a name like J?"). Or later in the clip, when she asks Mascis whether he still wears fingerless gloves (his answer: ”[Not] since Michael Jackson stole it from me.”) To make things even more awkward, Mascis greets several of her questions with nothing but a silent stare. And when Maureen describes him as “one of the most renowned guitarists of his generation,” the stone-faced rocker looks like he just might lose it.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR