'Awkward' Actress to Star in Indie Relationship Comedy
Jillian Rose Reed, who plays Tamara on the MTV comedy, has landed a role in "Confessions of a Womanizer."
An Awkward actress has landed a lead role in an indie film centered on relationships.
Jillian Rose Reed, who plays Jenna's best friend Tamara on the MTV comedy series, has been cast as the love interest in Confessions of a Womanizer, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Confessions of a Womanizer centers on Ritchie Salvador, who is emotionally unavailable towards women, has no patience for what a relationship entails and does not understand why he has to be in one in order to have "great sex." During his journey, Ritchie discovers that an honest and trusting relationship is key to a fulfilling sex life -- and time will tell whether he'll learn his lesson.
Reed will play Megan, described as a sweet and cute young woman Ritchie meets at a diner. At first, she resists his advances but soon falls for his charm. Megan is deemed Ritchie's first real relationship, though he only sees her as another conquest.
Muhammad Miguel Ali Hasan will direct from a screenplay he penned. Hasan, Gary Quick, Matt Pena and Erick Crespo will produce the indie.
Reed, whose series Awkward was renewed for a supersized third season, is repped by Discover Management and Buckwald/Fortitude.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR