'Babel' actress joining Marvel's 'Thor'
Adriana Barraza to play human in Branagh's gods-centric pic
Adriana Barraza is in negotiations to join the cast of Marvel Studios' "Thor," being directed by Kenneth Branagh.
The movie centers on Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the god of thunder, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions re-ignite an ancient war. As punishment, he is cast down to Earth and forced to live among the humans. Once there, he learns what it takes to be a hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade.
Details are scarce, but Barraza will play one of the humans. She joins a supporting cast that includes Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo, Stellan Skarsgard, Idris Elba and Kat Dennings.
The movie begins shooting next week at Marvel's Manhattan Beach, Calif., studios.
Barraza, repped by Innovative Artists and Magnolia Entertainment, was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in 2006's "Babel." The Mexico-born actress' most recent English-language appearance was in Sam Raimi's "Drag Me to Hell.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)