Babelsberg Turns 100
After surviving Nazis, Communists and near-bankruptcy, the famed German film studio that has hosted everyone from Fritz Lang to Quentin Tarantino hits the century mark on a high note.
On Feb. 12, German Studio Babelsberg will mark its 100th anniversary, making the backlot outside Berlin the world's oldest operating film studio. It can pop the champagne before 2012's fellow studio centenarians Universal (April 30) and Paramount (May 8).
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR