'Bachelor' Contestant Gia Allemand Dies at 29
The model and reality TV star had been hospitalized in New Orleans.
Former Bachelor castmember Gia Allemand died on Wednesday at the age of 29, according to a joint statement released by the publicist for the reality TV star and her boyfriend, NBA Pelicans player Ryan Anderson.
"While in her residency in New Orleans on Monday night, Ms. Allemand was found by her boyfriend … following an apparent suicide attempt," the statement read. "Mr. Anderson contacted 911 and emergency medical crews were immediately dispatched to the scene. Tuesday, Ms. Allemand remained in the hospital unconscious in critical condition and on life support."
Life support was withdrawn on Wednesday, the statement said.
The statement says that Allemand's mother was with her daughter, along with Anderson.
Allemand first appeared on the ABC reality dating show as a part of Jake Pavelka’s “On the Wings of Love” season, where she finished in third place. She also appeared on the first and second season of spin-off The Bachelor Pad.
Before her appearances on The Bachelor franchise, Allemand was a ballet dancer, model and actress.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical