'The Bachelor' Franchise Is Headed to Canada
Force Four Entertainment is searching for a Canadian bachelor and bachelorettes to heat up a homegrown version of the U.S. reality series, to air on Citytv in Fall 2012.
TORONTO - Canada is getting its own The Bachelor reality TV series in Fall 2012.
Force Four Entertainment will produce nine episodes of The Bachelor Canada, to air on the Citytv network, which already airs the U.S.-originating The Bachelor franchise, now in its 16th season.
The Canadian version will be based on the U.S. series from Next Entertainment, produced in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Force Four Entertainment has launched a nationwide search for a Canadian bachelor and bachelorettes.
Production on The Bachelor Canada is set to start this spring.
The Citytv reality series is the latest Canadian off-shoot of a popular American reality TV franchise, as broadcasters here look to Canada's Got Talent, Canadian Idol, Project Runway Canada and So You Think You Can Dance Canada to drive ratings and ad revenue from homegrown shows.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress