'Bachelorette' Breakup: Emily Maynard, Jeff Holm End Engagement
The reality star insists: "I have no regrets because I did find love and shared an incredible journey with a really special person – and you know what, we tried our best because the love between us was so real."
Fact: reality TV romance rarely lasts. And so it goes that Emily Maynard, who starred on ABC's most recent installment of The Bachelorette, has called off her engagement to Jeff Holm, the recipient of her final rose.
(Surprised? Neither are we, given the dating reality series' overwhelmingly dismal track relationship track record. Out of eight seasons, the only success stories are season one's Trista and Ryan Sutter, and Ashley Hebert and JP Rosenbaum from 2011's edition.)
Maynard and Holm confirmed the news to People.com, and in a statement, Maynard revealed: "I am sorry to tell you that Jef and I have, indeed, parted ways. It was a very difficult and heartbreaking decision. As you know, at first I wasn't sure that I should even be The Bachelorette, but I am a hopeless romantic and I do believe in the show. I have no regrets because I did find love and shared an incredible journey with a really special person – and you know what, we tried our best because the love between us was so real."
Maynard, a Barbie-lookalike single mom from Charlotte, N.C., appeared on sibling series The Bachelor to win Brad Womack's heart last year. But soon after the finale aired, the pair broke up and Maynard became the leading contender to be the next Bachelorette. On her season, earlier this year, she fell for Holm, a hipster-businessman from Utah, from a pool of 25 potential husbands; he proposed on the final episode. In the past few weeks, the two sparked tabloid headlines for allegedly faking a relationship despite having broken up.
"I have nothing but respect and love for Jeff and his family, but ultimately we are just at different points in our lives," said Maynard. "I've learned so much and I'm grateful for all of the support I've received. I'm excited and hopeful for the next chapter in my life with my daughter, Ricki. I do hope that you will respect our privacy and allow us the time we need to heal."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed