First Pair of Back to the Future Marty McFly Nike Shoes Sell for $37,500
Joel McHale promised to throw in a puppy to the unidentified bidder at Los Angeles’ Montalban Theater Thursday night.
Going once, going twice!
The first pair of the Nike Air Mag shoes that Michael J. Fox's Marty McFly wore in Back to the Future sold in auction in Los Angeles Thursday night -- for $37,500!
Joel McHale -- who co-hosted the auction, held at the Montalban Theater -- also promised the "plutonium case" and offered to add a puppy to sweeten the deal.
The seller has not yet been identified, reports TMZ.com, who has video of the winning bid.
Proceeds benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
Nike is also releasing 1,500 pairs of the Nike Air Mags to benefit Fox's foundation.
“The 2011 NIKE MAG shoe was designed to be a precise replica of the original Back to the Future II. The aesthetic is an exact match, down to the contours of the upper, the glowing LED panel and the electroluminescent NIKE in the strap,” the release says.
Fans immediately took to Twitter to talk about the iconic film shoes.
“Nike is going to put out the Marty McFly Nike Air Mags. So you too can look cool while you make out with your future mom,” joked Pauly Casillas.
“Only the coolest kids will have #BackToTheFutureShoes,” wrote Reid Barber.
"Nike only auctioning off 1500 pairs of Nike Air Mags....and I'm sure High Pitch Erik will somehow finagle a pair," said J.D. Harmeyer of the Howard Stern Show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed