Backdoor Into the Chinese Film Market
ScreenSingapore reinvents itself as Asia's premier gateway into the world's fastest-growing movie market.
If you're thinking about attending the ScreenSingapore screenings but don't know whether the second edition of the Southeast Asian film confab is worth your while, consider this: One in six households in Singapore has more than $1 million of disposable capital lying around, which is the highest national percentage of millionaires in the world, according to the Boston Consulting Group. And Singapore is only getting richer, as ultrahigh-net-worth individuals have begun to flock to the city-state for its low tax rates (Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin traded in his U.S. passport for Singaporean citizenship earlier this year).
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Katy Perry's Grammy Nominations Night Includes 'Roar' Performance
- Album Of The Year Grammy Nominations: Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Among 2014 Honorees
- Keith Urban's Grammys Performance Of 'Ain't No Sunshine' Includes Appearance From Miguel
- Taylor Swift Grammy Nominations Night Includes Performance Of 'I Knew You Were Trouble'