Backlot: The Void Left by Oprah
On the eve of NATPE, optimism abounds as Anderson Cooper and others look to rule syndicated TV.
Call him “the great Silver Hope.” CNN’s Anderson Cooper — aka the Silver Fox — is among the masses jockeying to fill the gaping afternoon hole that The Oprah Winfrey Show will create in local-affiliate programming in the fall, making this year’s meeting of the National Association of Television Program Executives the place where the syndication business could finally get its groove back.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR