Reunited Backstreet Boys Announce Show in NYC, New Album (Video)
"The vibe is fantastic," Nick Carter told ABC's "Good Morning America." The Central Park summer show will be the '90s boy band's first performance together, with all five members, since 2006.
Backstreet is back alright, and fully reunited. With fellow member Kevin Richardson rejoining the '90s boy band since his departure in 2006, the Backstreet Boys will return with a performance in Central Park on August 31, their first show together in six years. The show will air live on ABC’s Good Morning America.
In addition to their performance in the Big Apple, the reunited band also announced on GMA that they are in the midst of recording their eighth studio album. Due out in spring 2013, Backstreet Boys’ next release will commemorate the band’s upcoming 20-year-anniversary. The band is currently in London working with producer Martin Terefe (Mary J. Blige, Javier Colon).
“The vibe is fantastic,” said band member Nick Carter. “It’s like never before, it’s revitalized and we’re having so much fun.”
Watch the video below for the band’s announcement and impromptu performance on Good Morning America Tuesday, July 17.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game