'Bad News Bear' Actor Running for Congress
Child actor-turned-politician David Pollock has served as a city council member in Moorpark, Calif.
In the original Bad News Bears (1976), Walter Mathau’s Coach Buttermaker asks Rudi Stein (David Pollock) to take one for the team and get hit by a pitch.
“You want to win, don’t ya?” says Buttermaker.
“Yeah,” says Pollock’s character reluctantly walking to the plate and taking the hit on the second ball.
Now Pollock is hoping to take one for his city and state, though this time it’s not reluctantly as he will be running for Congress in 2012.
Since his time as a child actor, Pollock has become an expert on NASA and worked on the future of space programs at Rocketdyne in addition to serving as a city councilmember in Moorpark, California. Having been involved in the city’s politics for the past 17 years, he now has his sights set on Washington.
As an advocate for education, he believes “my experience with the private sector and the federal budget means I can hit the ground running in Washington to create jobs in Ventura County and boost our economy.”
Pollock received a BS in management from Pepperdine University and went on to get his MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'