'Bad Teacher's' Cameron Diaz: 5 Things You Didn't Know
As the movie hits theaters this weekend, look back on Diaz’s career.
Cameron Diaz stars in Bad Teacher, out this weekend. Here are a few things you may now know about her career and life:
1. She began her career as a model for Levi's and Calvin Klein. When she was 17, she appeared on the cover of the July 1990 issue of Seventeen magazine.
2. Her agent at Elite Model Management suggested she try out for The Mask when she was 21 years old -- even though she had no prior acting experience. Once she got the part, she enrolled in acting lessons. The film went on to become one of the top 10 highest-grossing films of 1994.
3. She earned her first Golden Globe nomination for best actress for There's Something About Mary (1998). She earned a best supporting actress Golden Globe nomination for Being John Malkovich. In 2001, she was nominated for a best supporting actress Golden Globe Award for Vanilla Sky. That same year, she earned $10 million for voicing Fiona in Shrek. In 2003, she received another Golden Globe nom for Gangs of New York -- and became the third actress to earn $20 million for a role, which she nabbed for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.
4. In 2010, she was ranked the wealthiest Hispanic female celebrity. In 2008, she was estimated to make $50 million for What Happens in Vegas and the Shrek sequels.
5. She stars in Bad Teacher with her ex boyfriend, Justin Timberlake. But in an appearance on Graham Norton's BBC talk show this week, she said they remain close. "We've been broken up as long as we were ever together," she said. She's been dating New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez for the past year.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR