BAFTA Film Awards: Tinie Tempah, Laura Mvula to Give Opening Performance
The artists will unite to perform Tempah's hit single "Heroes" at the U.K.'s glitziest movie awards show.
LONDON – Multi-platinum-selling rapper Tinie Tempah and Mercury prize-nominee Laura Mvula will give a duet performance to open the EE British Academy Film Awards on Feb. 16.
The two artists joined forces previously on the single "Heroes," from Tempah's album Demonstration.
The duo's appointment at the U.K.'s most prestigious and glitziest movie awards, presented by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), will see them follow in the footsteps of Tom Jones and Paloma Faith, who performed together at last year's event.
Tempah said: "As an internationally renowned British institution, it's a huge honor to be performing there [at the British Academy film awards]. This song was inspired by film scores and theme songs, so I'm looking forward to showcasing what British music has to offer in front of the world's film industry elite."
Mvula added: "It's definitely a bit scary when I think about who will be there, but we're going to put everything into the performance and it's a big song, so it really lends itself to film."
The EE British Academy Film Awards will take place at The Royal Opera House in London’s Covent Garden on Feb. 16. Stephen Fry returns as host for the event, which will be broadcast exclusively on BBC One in the U.K. and in all major territories around the world.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR