BAFTA Awards' Secret for Securing Hollywood A-Listers: 'Phone Bashing'
Tricks of the trade from ceremony honcho Amanda Berry, plus memorable moments from Russell Crowe and Mickey Rourke.
As chief executive, Amanda Berry is credited with transforming BAFTA from a moribund institution into a charitable organization with teeth. Under her watch and alongside BAFTA vp Duncan Kenworthy, the Orange British Academy Film Awards has become a world-class trophy ceremony. On the eve of the 2011 edition, Berry spoke about the BAFTAs’ influence on the Oscars, getting A-listers to come to London and dealing with last-minute snafus.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR