Banff to Honor Eugene Levy With Tribute
Veteran Canadian comic and actor to receive award of excellence at TV festival.
TORONTO -- Veteran actor and comic Eugene Levy is to receive an award of excellence at the Banff World Media Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
The Second City alumna will also give a master class in Banff, and look back over a film and TV career that includes the American Pie franchise.
"Eugene Levy’s career has garnered him international acclaim and we are proud to be honouring him with this year's Award of Excellence,” Ferne Cohen, executive director of the Banff festival said.
Past award winners include David Chase, Victor Garber, David Shore, Carol Mendelsohn, Dick Wolf and last year Nigel Lythgoe.
The 32nd edition of the Banff World Media Festival is set to run June 12 to 15, 2011 in the Canadian Rockies.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama