Banff to Honor Eugene Levy With Tribute
Veteran Canadian comic and actor to receive award of excellence at TV festival.
TORONTO -- Veteran actor and comic Eugene Levy is to receive an award of excellence at the Banff World Media Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
The Second City alumna will also give a master class in Banff, and look back over a film and TV career that includes the American Pie franchise.
"Eugene Levy’s career has garnered him international acclaim and we are proud to be honouring him with this year's Award of Excellence,” Ferne Cohen, executive director of the Banff festival said.
Past award winners include David Chase, Victor Garber, David Shore, Carol Mendelsohn, Dick Wolf and last year Nigel Lythgoe.
The 32nd edition of the Banff World Media Festival is set to run June 12 to 15, 2011 in the Canadian Rockies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)