Banijay Names Joonas Hytonen CEO of Finnish Arm
He will run Banijay Finland, formerly Solar Television, one of Scandinavia's leading TV companies.
COLOGNE, Germany – Joonas Hytonen has been named CEO of TV production company Banijay Finland, formerly Solar Television, the Finnish affiliate of pan-European entertainment company Banijay Group.
He replaces Petteri Ahomaa, who stepped down earlier this month.
Hytonen, former head of entertainment at Finnish independent giant Moskito Television Oy, will start the new job Sept. 2, running the newly rebranded Banijay Finland, which produces local versions of such international hit formats as The Voice and Top Chef. The company is one of Scandinavia's leading TV companies.
At Moskito, Hytonen executive produced and sold such formats as Survivor, Kitchen Nightmares and Dancing on Ice. He is also a well-known on-air personality in Finland and has hosted numerous primetime talk shows.
Banijay Finland is part of Nordisk Film TV, which Banijay has owned since late 2009. Banijay is headquartered in Paris.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights