Banijay Names Joonas Hytonen CEO of Finnish Arm
He will run Banijay Finland, formerly Solar Television, one of Scandinavia's leading TV companies.
COLOGNE, Germany – Joonas Hytonen has been named CEO of TV production company Banijay Finland, formerly Solar Television, the Finnish affiliate of pan-European entertainment company Banijay Group.
He replaces Petteri Ahomaa, who stepped down earlier this month.
Hytonen, former head of entertainment at Finnish independent giant Moskito Television Oy, will start the new job Sept. 2, running the newly rebranded Banijay Finland, which produces local versions of such international hit formats as The Voice and Top Chef. The company is one of Scandinavia's leading TV companies.
At Moskito, Hytonen executive produced and sold such formats as Survivor, Kitchen Nightmares and Dancing on Ice. He is also a well-known on-air personality in Finland and has hosted numerous primetime talk shows.
Banijay Finland is part of Nordisk Film TV, which Banijay has owned since late 2009. Banijay is headquartered in Paris.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR