'Banks,' 'Flow' reel in overseas deals
Just in time for the Berlin International Film Festival, Myriad Films has picked up foreign sales rights to Fred Durst's directorial debut, "The Education of Charlie Banks," and Celluloid Dreams has nabbed foreign sales rights to the Sundance docu competition entry "Flow: For the Love of Water."
The filmmakers behind Irena Salina's global eco-docu "Flow" will donate 1% of their profits from any sale to the charity 1% for the Planet, which benefits ecological charities worldwide.
Anchor Bay Entertainment picked up North American theatrical and DVD rights in October to the coming-of-age drama "Banks." The film, starring Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter and Eva Amurri, won the Made in New York Award at last year's Tribeca Film Festival and hits theaters this year.
Myriad and Celluloid have non-North American rights to the projects. Josh Braun of Submarine is repping North American "Flow" sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR