Bar Refaeli Helps 'The X Factor' to Record Ratings in Israel
The Saturday launch of the TV talent format attracted a 42.9% share on Israel's Channel 2.
The ratings for talent competition programs may be fading in some territories, but Israeli audiences can't seem to get enough of them.
The X Factor, the Simon Cowell format co-produced and co-owned by Cowell's Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia, launched on Israel's Reshet TV this weekend to a huge 42.9 percent total share, with a total of 1.1 million viewers tuning in.
The audience for the show, hosted by supermodel Bar Refaeli, even exceeded the massive ratings for homegrown talent format Rising Star, produced by Keshet TV.
In addition to Refaeli, the Israeli X Factor judging panel includes Israeli pop star Ivri Lider, singer and actress Shiri Maimon, rocker Rami Fortis and singer Moshe Peretz.
Israeli fans of the music competition format won't have to wait long for their next fix. The Voice Israel returns for a third season later this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR