Bar Refaeli Helps 'The X Factor' to Record Ratings in Israel
The Saturday launch of the TV talent format attracted a 42.9% share on Israel's Channel 2.
The ratings for talent competition programs may be fading in some territories, but Israeli audiences can't seem to get enough of them.
The X Factor, the Simon Cowell format co-produced and co-owned by Cowell's Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia, launched on Israel's Reshet TV this weekend to a huge 42.9 percent total share, with a total of 1.1 million viewers tuning in.
The audience for the show, hosted by supermodel Bar Refaeli, even exceeded the massive ratings for homegrown talent format Rising Star, produced by Keshet TV.
In addition to Refaeli, the Israeli X Factor judging panel includes Israeli pop star Ivri Lider, singer and actress Shiri Maimon, rocker Rami Fortis and singer Moshe Peretz.
Israeli fans of the music competition format won't have to wait long for their next fix. The Voice Israel returns for a third season later this year.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jared Leto Is Stressed About His Potential Oscar Speech
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)