Bar Refaeli Helps 'The X Factor' to Record Ratings in Israel
The Saturday launch of the TV talent format attracted a 42.9% share on Israel's Channel 2.
The ratings for talent competition programs may be fading in some territories, but Israeli audiences can't seem to get enough of them.
The X Factor, the Simon Cowell format co-produced and co-owned by Cowell's Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia, launched on Israel's Reshet TV this weekend to a huge 42.9 percent total share, with a total of 1.1 million viewers tuning in.
The audience for the show, hosted by supermodel Bar Refaeli, even exceeded the massive ratings for homegrown talent format Rising Star, produced by Keshet TV.
In addition to Refaeli, the Israeli X Factor judging panel includes Israeli pop star Ivri Lider, singer and actress Shiri Maimon, rocker Rami Fortis and singer Moshe Peretz.
Israeli fans of the music competition format won't have to wait long for their next fix. The Voice Israel returns for a third season later this year.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!