How Local Media Is Covering President Obama's L.A. Visit
Gridlock is the foremost concern for residents during "ObamaJamIV."
Los Angeles media outlets warned of massive traffic jams during President Barack Obama's visit to the city Monday. Dubbed #ObamaJamIV on Twitter, the Commander in Chief's itinerary primarily traverses L.A.'s westside and West Hollywood.
Public radio station KCRW is offering tips on how to avoid street closures. The Los Angeles Times reports that up to 200 protestors are jamming Sunset Blvd., "representing a number of causes including pro-immigration, antiwar and for preserving Social Security and Medicare benefits."
The President touched down around 4:40 p.m. PT Monday and has two fundraisers lined up for the evening. Rapper and singer-songwriter B.o.B., Adam 12 and the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles will perform at a House of Blues gathering MC'ed by Jesse Tyler Ferguson of Modern Family.
Apart from the House of Blues event, where will tickets will run from $250 to $10,000, the president also will dine at Fig & Olive in West Hollywood. The high rollers at that event will pony up $35,800 per couple.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game