Barbra Streisand Apologizes for Harsh 'Glee' Remark
9:20 PM PST 2/13/2011 by Mark Cina
She says "it was wrong" of her to make an off the cuff comment about the hit Fox show.
Barbra Streisand is singing a new tune about Glee.At a Grammy's MusiCares tribute event in her honor Friday, she was asked whether she would ever consider a role on the smash Fox show. "Not if I can help it," she sniped to reporters. Now, on her Web site, she admits she shouldn't have used such a harsh phrase. "When asked if I would ever appear on ‘Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it,' she writes. Related photos: Behind the scenes of Glee She goes on to say that she has been "overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn’t take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn’t asked. I’m so honored that a lead character on “Glee” is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them 'for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Criss…you’re all so gifted."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR