Barbra Streisand to be honored by MusiCares
Singer will receive Person of the Year award Feb. 11 in L.A.
NEW YORK -- Barbra Streisand will be honored as the 2011 MusiCares Person of the Year.
The Recording Academy and the MusiCares Foundation said Wednesday that Streisand will receive the award Feb. 11 at a dinner and concert in Los Angeles.
The annual gala is among the festivities that will lead up to the 53rd annual Grammy Awards on Feb. 13. The awards show will air on CBS.
The 68-year-old Streisand has won eight Grammy Awards. She is being honored for her creative accomplishments and philanthropic work.
MusiCares was established by the Recording Academy in 1989. It helps people in the music industry during times of need.
James Taylor and Aretha Franklin are among those who have been previously honored with the award.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!