Barbra Streisand Explains Why She Supports Obama (Video)
"Mitt Romney does not share our values. I know Barack Obama does," she says in a video released by the National Jewish Democratic Council.
Barbra Streisand has been an ardent supporter of President Obama throughout the campaign, and -- as a Election Day draws near -- she wants to explain why he should serve a second term.
In a new video filmed for the National Jewish Democratic Council, Streisand lists Obama's support for Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood, repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and staunch backing of Israel as reasons to vote for the president. "He’s got our economy moving in the right direction," she adds.
She described Republican nominee Mitt Romney as "extreme as it gets when it comes to a woman’s right to choose" and said that his policies would deny health care coverage to millions, "end Medicare" and "savagely cut Medicaid."
According to an October 29 likely voter survey conducted by The Hollywood Reporter pollster Penn Schoen Berland, Streisand is seen as one of celebrities that Democrats trust along with names like Tina Fey, Ellen Degeneres, George Clooney and Oprah.
Watch Streisand's NJDC video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR