Barbra Streisand Honored at MusiCares Gala
Barry Manilow, Lea Michele, Faith Hill and Seal were among the stars performing the legendary singer's hits at Friday's ceremony.
“I’m stuck with the leftovers,” Barbra Streisand cracked as she took the stage at the MusiCares Person of the Year gala dinner, an annual Grammy tradition that brings together more than a dozen marquee names in music in tribute to one of their own. She’s referring to her library of songs, many of which had already been sung on Friday night at the Los Angeles Convention Center by the likes of longtime friends Barry Manilow (“Memory”) and Tony Bennett (“Smile), fans, like Glee’s Lea Michele (“My Man”) and Leona Lewis (“Somewhere”), collaborators, like Diana Krall, who produced Streisand’s 2009 album Love is the Answer, and the unlikely but awesome trio of Jeff Beck, BeBe Winans and LeAnn Rimes, who traded verses on a rousing “Come Rain or Come Shine.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack