Barco Demos New 4K Postproduction Projector
Its uses include color grading, archiving and restoration.
Barco’s new 4K DLP postproduction projector was previewed Tuesday during an event hosted by dealer Perception Technologies at the Aidikoff Screening Room in Beverly Hills. The DP4K-P targets postproduction applications including archiving, restoration and color grading.
Guests from Hollywood’s digital cinema community, including members of the American Society of Cinematographers and AMPAS’ Science and Technology Council, were on hand for the demonstrations.
Among the first customers for the new projector is Hollywood-based postproduction facility EFILM.
Barco reported that projector features designed for postproduction include a new version of “Communicator” software with increased control over the color space, enabling color correction per eye for 3D content.
The projector will be demonstrated in Canon’s booth during the upcoming NAB Show in Las Vegas.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR