Barnes and Noble Reports Best Web Holiday Sales in 10 Years
11:40 AM PST 1/6/2011 by THR staff
Online buying jumps 15 percent to $1.376 billion.
Barnes and Noble had its best Christmas of the new century.Combined brick and mortar store and Web site sales rose over 15 percent to $1.376 billion. The biggest increase came in online sales, up a whopping 67 percent to $228.5 million. Online sales growth reflected the very strong holidays sales for the NOOK and NOOKcolor, the company's e-readers. Barnes & Nobles shares were trading at $16.29 today, up more than $2 since the start of the year. Combined with Amazon's report that the new Kindle 3 is the best-selling product in the company's history, the Barnes & Noble holiday sales numbers suggest strong momentum in ebook sales amid an overall healthy book market.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack