'Barney' Creator Sued by Man Allegedly Shot by Her Son
Eric Shanks says Sheryl Leach was negligent for allowing her 27-year-old son to own a gun, given his supposed violent tendencies.
Sheryl Leach, the creator of Barney & Friends, is being sued by the man allegedly shot in the chest by her son, TMZ reports.
Leach’s 27-year-old son, Patrick Leach, was charged with attempted murder in February after he was accused of shooting Eric Shanks outside a Malibu home.
Shanks is suing Sheryl Leach for negligence, saying she should not have allowed her son, who lives with her, to own a gun because of his alleged violent tendencies. He told police Patrick Leach shot him from a car parked in front of the home of Shanks’ mother. Shanks also is suing Patrick Leach for assault and battery.
The accused has plead not guilty to the attempted murder charge and was released on a $1 million bond.
Sheryl Leach launched the friendly purple dinosaur with 1988's home release Barney and the Backyard Gang. She went on to create Barney & Friends in 1992. In recent years she has worked on several home releases centering on Barney and his pals.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR