Barry Manilow Hospitalized for Hip Muscle Repair Surgery
The singer ended his seven-year Las Vegas show run on Sunday.
Barry Manilow performed his 1,000th Las Vegas show on Sunday, ending his seven-year run at the Las Vegas Hilton and the Paris Resort.
How will Manilow, 68, spend his time now? He will be having surgery on his hips. The singer was hospitalized on Monday for surgery to repair torn abductor muscles and to have bursas removed in both hips.
“The only bummer is that on Monday morning, right after the last Las Vegas show, I go into the hospital for another operation on my poor messed up hips,” wrote Manilow on his website. “It’s not hip replacement – never has been. I seem to have ripped the abductor muscles on both hips and messed up my bursas.”
Manilow will be in recovery for six weeks. He will return to the stage at the Chicago Theater on Feb. 2-4, and then in a series of four concerts at Radio City Music Hall in New York on Feb. 10-14.
"That's what you get when you jump around to "Copacabana" for 30 years! Wish me luck!" Manilow said in a statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR