Barry Weiss Named Chairman and CEO of Island Def Jam and Universal Motown Republic Group
The former RCA/Jive Label Group head steps into the position previously held by Antonio "L.A." Reid, who officially tendered his resignation today so that he can judge Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor.'
It's official. Barry Weiss has been named Chairman & CEO of Island Def Jam and Universal Motown Republic Group. The appointment comes on the heels of Antonio "L.A." Reid's departure from IDJ, which was announced today. According to sources, Reid is headed to Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor,' where he will serve as judge.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR