Barry Weiss Named Chairman and CEO of Island Def Jam and Universal Motown Republic Group
The former RCA/Jive Label Group head steps into the position previously held by Antonio "L.A." Reid, who officially tendered his resignation today so that he can judge Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor.'
It's official. Barry Weiss has been named Chairman & CEO of Island Def Jam and Universal Motown Republic Group. The appointment comes on the heels of Antonio "L.A." Reid's departure from IDJ, which was announced today. According to sources, Reid is headed to Simon Cowell's 'The X Factor,' where he will serve as judge.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR