Barua stepping up at Discovery Asia
NEW DELHI -- Discovery Asia on Tuesday announced the promotion of Saurindra Kumar Barua to regional CFO and vp of Discovery Asia and India.
New Delhi-based Barua, who was previously vp finance for Discovery India, will shortly relocate to the network's Singapore headquarters where he will oversee financial management and budgeting activities in Asia and India.
Barua will continue to report to Discovery Networks India managing director Deepak Shourie and will additionally report to Discovery Asia managing director Tom Keaveny.
"Raj's longstanding commitment to Discovery India, along with his expertise and knowledge of our businesses in India and Asia, makes him the ideal choice to partake this new consolidated role," Shourie said.
At Discovery India, Barua also was involved with distribution activities such as Discovery's OneAlliance distribution joint venture with Sony Entertainment Television.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws