'Basic Instinct' Scribe Joe Eszterhas Lined Up For London Screenwriters' Festival
The industry event, now in its fourth year, will see the writer deliver the centerpiece audience interview.
LONDON – Joe Eszterhas, the scribe behind Basic Instinct, Jagged Edge and Betrayed, is to be this year’s special guest speaker at the 2013 London Screenwriters’ Festival (LSF).
Billed as the world’s biggest event for professional screenwriters in film and television, Eszterhas will be the LSF’s centerpiece audience interview.
Eszterhas said ahead of the event that if he were a young screenwriter starting out today he'd "put my heart, soul, and guts into every word of every screenplay" that he wrote.
"I would expect to get my heart broken...probably many times. But I would also buy myself a deadly pair of brass knuckles and know how to use them," Eszterhas said.
Eszterhas joins a heavyweight lineup of writers, filmmakers and creative producers including Oscar winning writer/director Jim Sheridan (My Left Foot), Luke Ryan, evp Disruption Entertainment, the banner which produced Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim and Darren Aronofsky’s Noah as well as The Cabin in the Woods written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard and David Hare, screenwriter of Oscar-winning films The Hours and The Reader.
Screenwriters signed to lead sessions include duo Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, screenwriters and exec producers of E4 comedy series The Inbetweeners and cult HBO sitcom Flight of the Conchords and Jeffrey Caine, screenwriter of Goldeneye, The Constant Gardener and Inside I’m Dancing.
Talent from in front of the camera at the festival is set to include Jodie Whittaker (TV's Broadchurch, Attack the Block), Reece Shearsmith (TV's The League of Gentlemen) and Steve Pemberton (TV's Whitechapel).
Festival creative director Chris Jones, who also sports a hat as a filmmaker and author, said the event, now in its fourth year, has grown and "is unparalleled in creating an environment for writers to immerse themselves in the great shared enterprise of making film, television, radio and new media content."
The 2013 LSF at the London School of Film, Media & Performance runs Oct. 25 through 27.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!