'Basketball Wives' Star Signs Book, Movie Deal (Exclusive)
Evelyn Lozada, fiancee of NFL star Chad Ochocinco, has signed with the publishing arm of the record label that is home to Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj.
Evelyn Lozada, star of VH1’s hit reality series Basketball Wives, has signed a six-figure deal to develop literary and feature film projects, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Lozada, one of the most high-profile members of the Basketball Wives cast, is the one-time fiancée of former Boston Celtics all-star Antoine Walker, and the current fiancée of New England Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco. She co-owns Dulce, a shoe boutique in Coral Gables, Florida.
First up for Lozada is The Wives Association, a book series to be co-authored by novelist and former Law & Order: Criminal Intent writer Courtney Parker. The books will be loosely based on Lozada’s life, using the alter ego Eve Inez-Landon to fictionalize the true stories she has learned from years of dating professional athletes.
“The stories that you hear—what goes on in these relationships, and just being in that circle—I decided to let everyone experience a piece of it for themselves by writing this series of juicy novels,” Lozada said.
The deal is with Cash Money Content, a book publishing arm of the record label Cash Money Records, founded by brothers Bryan “Baby” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams. The label’s artists include Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj. Founded as an independent label in 1992, Cash Money is now part of the Universal Music Group.
Cash Money started its publishing division in February in partnership with Atria Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. Among its first titles were Justify My Thug by Wahida Clark and Pimp: The Story of My Life by Iceberg Slim. The goal is to develop film projects based on the books.
“By partnering with Baby and Cash Money Content, we have the potential to turn these ‘novels’ into a full-fledged brand,” Lozada explains. “Everything Baby and CMC touches turns to gold, and our brands together will be magical.”
Lozada and Parker are represented by Tracy Christian of Don Buchwald & Associates/Fortitude and Joe Regal of Regal Literary. Marc Gerald of The Agency Group represents Cash Money Content.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!