Bates slates 'Blind Side'
Kathy Bates has joined Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side," a sports dramedy that John Lee Hancock is directing for Alcon Entertainment.
Based on Michael Lewis' best-selling novel "The Blind Side: Evolution of the Game," the film tells the true story of Michael Oher, projected to be one of the first players selected in next month's NFL draft.
Bates will play a no-nonsense tutor Bullock hires to help raise Oher, a homeless black teen taken in by Bullock's well-to-do white family.
Gil Netter ("Marley & Me") will produce along with Alcon's Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Alcon also is financing.
Bates, repped by ICM and the Susan Smith Co., worked with Alcon on "P.S. I Love You" and most recently appeared in "Revolutionary Road."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR