Baz Luhrmann's Works Are Brought to the Stage
An L.A. supper club presents music from the director's famed 'Moulin Rouge' and 'Romeo + Juliet.'
What do you get when you combine hit musical scores, Broadway-trained actors and an intimate performance venue?
Shane Scheel and Chris Bratten's For the Record series at entertainment venue BARRE, vt in Los Feliz, CA. The supper club's executive producer/director and musical director (respectively) are making waves with their musical and dramatic programs based on the movie libraries of acclaimed directors' like Quentin Tarantino, John Hughes.
Currently, the locale's cast, which includes Tracie Thoms (RENT and Wonder Woman), Jenna Leigh Green (Broadway's Wicked), Arielle Jacobs (Broadway's In the Heights), Ginifer King (Broadway's Gypsy and Steel Magnolias) as well as Derek Klena and Ben Goldberg, are performing a compilation of works from Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet, Strictly Ballroom and Moulin Rouge.
The show, which features the songs "When Doves Cry," "Your Song," "Roxanne," and "Come What May" among others, runs through June 11, and has already attracted Luhrmann to its audience.
For The Record: Tarantino, a previous series will be performed at South by Southwest in Austin, TX next year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR