BBC America Appoints Ricky Kelehar VP Unscripted
He will oversee the cabler's unscripted slate and develop new formats.
BBC America has tapped Ricky Kelehar vp unscripted programming.
Kelehar, who joins from IWC Media where he was head of factual entertainment and U.S. formats, will oversee BBC America's original unscripted shows, including Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan. He will also oversee development of new unscripted formats.
He will be based in New York, reporting to Perry Simon, general manager of channels at BBC Worldwide North America, and will work closely with Richard De Croce, senior vp programming. The hire marks a concerted effort by BBC America to expand its unscripted slate.
"I'm very pleased to welcome Ricky to the BBC America team. His experience developing and producing quality nonscripted programming will be a vital contribution to the network as we expand the channel's unscripted slate," says Simon.
Kelehar created Channel Four's Gadget Man for North One Television and previously worked for the BBC as executive editor of factual entertainment, where he oversaw production on TLC's Honey We're Killing the Kids. He has 20 years of experience in the industry, also working at Tiger Aspect, Optomen, Diverse, Twenty Twenty and ITV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR