BBC America Original 'Copper' Lines Up Franka Potente, Tom Weston-Jones as Leads
The cable network casts its first stateside scripted venture and adds three to the production team.
Things are coming together on Copper.
BBC America's first original scripted series, first announced at the 2011 Television Critics Association summer press tour, has confirmed its cast and three new members of the production team.
MI-5/Spooks vet Tom Weston-Jones will play the lead, Kevin Corcoran, an Irish-American cop in 1860s New York City. Kyle Schmid, Anastasia Griffith and German actress Franka Potente (The Bourne Supremacy, Run Lola Run) round out the cast.
Additionally, Steven Cosens joins as director of photography, Delphine White will work as costume designer and Hell on Wheels' John Blackie takes on production designer.
Copper, co-produced by Cineflix Studios and Shaw Media, is the first scripted venture made for BBC America after a long history of airing only acquisitions from the U.K. The network recently launched its first original unscripted series, Would You Rather with Graham Norton. Richard Hammond's Crash Course, a solo venture from the Top Gear panelist, will debut in 2012.
A 19th century crime drama, Copper tells the story of Irish immigrants in the Manhattan's Five Points neighborhood, and of its lead character's journey to uncover the truth about his missing wife and dead daughter.
It will premiere in summer 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR