BBC Appoints Olympics Chief Editorial Director
The public broadcaster appoints Roger Mosey, the corporation's London 2012 boss, to the high-flying position.
LONDON -- The BBC has anointed Roger Mosey editorial director, BBC.
The role, which reports to the BBC Director-General Tony Hall as the corporation's editor-in-chief, will oversee the BBC’s editorial standards and the planning of significant pan-BBC events.
In the role, Mosey will also take the lead in handling major editorial issues as they arise, working alongside the divisional Directors in Television, Radio and News.
Mosey's newly-created role, created by Hall who took up the position in April, gets a seat on the BBC’s new look management board.
Hall said: "It is crucial that the BBC dedicates the right amount of time, skill and expertise to addressing the myriad of editorial challenges that we face across the BBC’s output. Roger’s experience in News, Sport and most recently Television make him ideally placed to fulfill such an important role as part of my management team."
Mosey starts immediately.
Peter Salmon, Director, BBC North, has also been given additional responsibilities to his current role leading the divisions based at MediaCityUK, Salford Quays.
Mosey was the BBC’s Director for London 2012, after which he became acting director, BBC Vision.
He was among the names hotly-tipped for the job Hall landed after the previous director general George Entwistle resigned in the wake of the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack