BBC Veteran Stuart Hall Faces Further Sexual Abuse Allegations
Police officials are investigating a fresh batch of allegations made against the former host who was previously sentenced to 15 months in prison.
LONDON -- Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall, who admitted to 14 sex offenses against young girls and was sentenced to 15 months in prison earlier this year, is facing additional sex crime allegations.
The police are investigating more submissions about acts carried out by the 83-year-old former TV host.
Lancashire police told ITV news: "We can confirm that we have received further allegations against Mr. Hall, and we are working closely with the Crown Prosecution Service to determine the most appropriate course of action."
The police force spokesperson also said it takes allegations of sexual abuse seriously and encouraged anyone to come forward and report any sexual abuse.
The fresh allegations come hot-on-the-heels of a move by England's Court of Appeal to review its sentence of 15 months after complaints that the 83-year-old host "got off lightly."
The BBC is also conducting an ongoing investigation into Hall's conduct at the public broadcaster.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty