BBC Worldwide Launches Nordic Version of iPlayer
Subscription-based version of online video service hits markets in Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
COLOGNE, Germany - BBC Worldwide on Thursday added the Nordic territories to its iPlayer footprint, launching a subscription version of the popular online video service in Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
The VOD app will cost Scandinavian subscribers $9.50 (€6.99) a month - or $90 (€64.99) for an annual subscription. The Nordic launch follows the iPlayer’s bow in July in most major European territories, including Germany, Italy, France and Spain. The Scandinavian market, which does not dub imported programs and has a strong affinity for Brit-produced shows, could prove a prime territory for the iPlayer. The BBC is using Europe as a testing ground for its VOD service ahead of a planned U.S. launch later this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR