BBC Worldwide Teams With U.S. Travel Co. Tauck for Travel Package
The public broadcaster's commerical arm hooks up with journey planners to offer tailor made travel experiences based on wildlife filmmakers and their locations.
LONDON – BBC Worldwide, the public broadcaster's commercial arm, is teaming with Tauck, a U.S. travel company, to create journeys for travelers looking to get closer to the natural world using techniques "inspired by BBC filmmakers".
The brand extension will see BBC Earth and Tauck co-design journeys building on the travel specialist’s existing portfolio of trips by drawing on the insights and expertise from the natural history filmmakers at the BBC.
Initial destinations will include South Africa and Botswana, including the Okavango Delta and the Kalahari Desert, Kenya and Tanzania, the polar bears of Manitoba Canada, and the Antarctic.
Through Tauck, travelers can experience in person the stories featured in the BBC’s landmark natural history series.
In addition to Tauck’s premium travel experience, customers will also be offered BBC Earth content such as specially created videos, educational touches and hands-on usage of field equipment, all inspired by natural history filmmakers.
BBC Earth and Tauck will begin marketing journeys in the fall of 2013.
BBC Worldwide chief brands officer Amanda Hill said: "This partnership offers a fantastic opportunity for BBC Earth to reach new audiences and share directly the knowledge and expertise of the BBC’s filmmakers to bring people a deeper connection with nature."
Dan Mahar, CEO of Tauck said: "BBC Earth shares Tauck’s desire to explore our world through inspirational storytelling. Together, we hope to enrich our guests’ lives by offering an original take on natural history travel."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack