BBC1 wants more 'Merlin'
Orders second season of family drama
LONDON -- BBC1 has commissioned a second season of Shine Television's fantasy drama "Merlin," which has aired on NBC.
The family drama, which airs in the early evening slot on Saturdays, stars Anthony Head, Colin Morgan, Bradley James and Richard Wilson. It has already been sold to 112 territories, including RTL, Canal Plus and Mediaset.
Set in the magical world of King Arthur's Camelot, the show has enchanted family audiences, averaging an audience of 6.2 million viewers for the first eight episodes, with a 28% average share and garnering an average audience of 1.8 million viewers for the repeat on Sundays.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR