Vera Farmiga to Join Aaron Eckhart in Beach Boy Biopic 'The Drummer'
The actress will play Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie in the biopic of Beach Boy member Dennis Wilson.
Vera Farmiga has signed to portray Fleetwood Mac member Christine McVie in The Drummer, a biopic of Beach Boys co-founder Dennis Wilson.
Randall Miller and Jody Savin, the team behind indie Bottle Shock, are respectively directing and writing the movie, which is tackling the last six years of Wilson’s life (he died in 1983), when the singer-songwriter released his acclaimed solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Aaron Eckhart is already on board as Wilson.
Wilson and McVie has a fiery and tortuous relationship after McVie’s divorce from Fleetwood Mac guitarist John McVie. The band’s 1982 hit Hold Me was co-written by Christine McVie and was inspired by her time with Wilson.
Farmiga, a classically trained pianist, will sing and play the ivories in the film.
The film will be shot in Southern California and Savannah, Georgia, and is heading towards a June 15 start.
W2 Media is co-financing the film and also handling international sales.
Farmiga, repped by CAA, Authentic Talent and Peikoff Law Offices, will be seen in Universal’s upcoming thriller Safe House, which stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!