Beastie Boys Moving Ahead With 'Hot Sauce' After Adam Yauch's Cancer Battle
Beastie Boys member Mike D says the veteran rap trio is still on track for a 2011 comeback that includes the release of new album Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 this spring, after Adam Yauch's cancer battle rendered the group inactive for much of 2010.
In a new interview with BBC Radio 1, Mike D confirms that the Beasties' release schedule for its two Hot Sauce Committee albums has not changed from what was announced back in October 2010. "It's still delayed -- the first one," he says. "The second one is coming out as originally scheduled."
The rapper adds that while the group is "really happy" about Yauch's improved health, touring plans for 2011 are still unclear. "We're still going to have to see how he's Yauch doing," says Mike D.
Although the BBC Radio 1 interview led to widespread reports that Mike D said Yauch was cancer-free, a spokesperson for the group clarifies to Billboard.com, "Mike did not say that."
Yauch underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in his salivary gland in July 2009. In December of that year, he sent an email message to fans to share that he was feeling "healthy, strong and hopeful" he'd beaten the disease. In October the group announced the track list of "Part 2" and revealed that "Hot Sauce Committee Part 1" would be released at a later date.
Before the Beastie Boys issue their follow-up to the 2007 instrumental album "The Mix-Up," Mike D says that the trio has to finish "a big video," which may or may not be "Fight For Your Right Revisited," a re-imagining of their classic 1987 "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to Party)" music video that will star Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Seth Rogen, among others. "It's not even a video, it's a film-eo. A cinematic, short film," says Mike D.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche