'The Beatles: Rock Band' going fast
Limited edition version might not be available at year's end
Sales of "The Beatles: Rock Band" have blown past expectations, so much so that Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman said one of the most expensive iterations of the video game might not be available to Christmas shoppers.
The "Limited Edition Premium Bundle," which sells for about $250 and comes with a Ringo Starr/Ludwig-branded "Rock Band" drum kit, could sell out by November, Dauman told Wall Street analysts Wednesday at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia XVIII Conference in New York.
"If any of you out here want to buy some, you better hurry up," he said.
Of "The Beatles: Rock Band" in general, Viacom sold 25% of its inventory in the first week it was released, assisted by positive reviews that he called "unbelievable."
"It is a work of art," he said of the game. "We think it's going to have legs. We'll see."
He also said a recent price reduction for the PlayStation 3 has already spurred "Rock Band" sales, and he expects another boost in a couple of weeks when the price of a Wii console is expected to come down.
"Rock Band" is a joint effort from Electronic Arts, Viacom's MTV Games and Harmonix Music Systems.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!