'Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest' Trailer
Michael Rapaport's documentary focuses on the hip-hop band "A Tribe Called Quest."
The trailer director Michael Rapaport's new documentary Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest was just released. The movie chronicles more than 20 years in the life of the band from Queens, New York and features the stormy relationship of childhood friends Phife Dawg and Q-Tip.
The film includes concert footage as well as personal interviews from bands that have been influenced by the duo including Dante "Mos Def" Smith, Common, Pharrell Williams, Questlove, Beastie Boys and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges.
The movie first premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and is set to be released on July 8, 2011.
You can read the review here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws