'Smallville’s' Kristin Kreuk to Star in CW's 'Beauty & the Beast'
The Canadian actress has been tapped to join the network's iteration, a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
Smallville’s Kristin Kreuk is heading back to the CW.
The Canadian actress best known for playing Lana Lang for close to a decade has been tapped to star in the younger-skewing network’s Beauty and the Beast. The project, loosely based on the 1980s CBS series of the same name, is a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
In addition to penning the CBS Television Studios pilot, Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper will serve as executive producers alongside Paul J. Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber. Gary Fleder is on board to direct the pilot.
Kreuk, whose other credits include an arc on NBC’s Chuck and a star turn in Sundance film Vampire, is repped by Gersh and Pacific Artists Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR